Friday, March 18, 2011

Happiness to me is....

....the feeling I get when...


Tiny little arms that I created wrap around my neck.
I'm watching the raindrops run down my window imagining they're racing.
I buy a new candle.
He talks in his sleep and says my name.
I lay my head on a freezing cold pillow.
I dance with my broom.
Not having to worry or doubt a feeling.
I hear my 6 year old begin with "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep..."
I climb into a bubble bath.
I hear the frogs chirping at my pond.
My fingers touch the ivory keys of my childhood piano.
I watch old couples laugh.
Someone holds the door open.
Contentment is more than ok for me.
I stop singing and my little boy is still smiling.
I talk about all the ideas I have, knowing I'll never do them, still feels great.
I go wading in the creek.
I smell Gain dryer sheets.
I belt out The Little Mermaid soundtracks as I clean.
God forgives me.
I watch Glee.
I get a new hair color.
We share a glass of wine.
I sniff my kids' hair after a bath.
See the lightning bugs throughout the fields.
I hear a thunderstorm blowing in.
Find money in my pocket.
Go from my real age to a teenager with my best friend when we rock out with local bands.
I fall asleep watching the Goonies.
I know my family has been saved by the Grace of God.
My face fits perfectly in the palm of his hand.
I make someone smile.
I drink a Yoohoo.
I hear older songs that I love like "One of Us", "Chains", "Paint it Black", & "Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves".
Friends tell me everything is going to be ok.
I think about where I once was, and where I am now.


Happiness to me is the feeling I get when...I forget about all of the "bad" in the world and in my life, and look at all the "good" that I have and CAN have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment