Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random Shit My Son Says

Scenario: Me and the kids at Kmart in the beverage/pudding aisle.  Rylan's sitting in the buggy eating cheese puffs, Landon's riding on the front of the buggy, I stop at the Spaghetti O's. Short mexican guy comes speedwalking beside Landon's end of the buggy. Reaches up on the shelf and starts ripping open a brand new carton of Red Bull...takes out two...sticks them under his arm...speedwalks around Landon and keeps going.

Landon: ::watching the Mexican walk out of the aisle::   ::stares at me::    Holy cuss. Did he seriously just steal those drinks mama?

Me:  ::my mouth dropped open and eyes wide::  Uhm...well...yeah Landon. I think he just did.

Rylan:  ::chewing on cheese puffs looking at us both::

Landon: He's soooo going to hell for that, ain't he mama?

Me: That's for God to decide baby, not us. Let's go tell someone what we saw.

::explaining to associate what we saw::

Associate:  ::looks at Landon::  That wasn't very nice of that man was it? He was bad, huh?

Landon:  Yeah, he's real bad. But...well...mom's kinda bad too because my little brother dropped a whole bunch of cheese puffs in your floor, in the toys, and...well...my mom...well she didn't pick them up.  She kicked them underneath the racks.

Me: ::looking at lady::

Associate:  ::looking at me::

Me: I have nothing to say to that.

Associate: ::smiles:: That's ok.  ::walks away::

Me:  ::staring at Landon::

Landon: ::looking at me::  What?! You always say to tell the truth.

Me: Maybe next time you should wait and tell the truth AFTER I buy your toy.

Landon:  ::looks puzzled::  I have a lot to learn don't I mama?

No comments:

Post a Comment